Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Long Vid - Lake Louise last weekend
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
atr3yu
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Actually I just paid for the latest version of PowerDirector a couple days ago (after editing this vid). My issue isn't the post-production quality, it's once it's uploaded to youtube that it gets grainy (especially in the snow, it seems to want to turn them into large blocks of white).

I'm wondering if vimeo or google video has different compression for uploaded vids? Not likely for google since it's the owner of youtube, but vimeo seems to have good quality vids posted.

Also, wondering which format is best to upload to youtube, or if format even has an effect. I uploaded an M2TS file, but the website seems to suggest MP4. Although MPEG2 (M2TS) has less compression than MP4. Maybe it's better to compress into MP4 on my end, rather than allowing youtube to have their way with it?
I bet a lot has to do with the M2TS format. You should try to use the following when finishing your video:

"Although YouTube accepts multiple formats including .MOV, .AVI, .WMV, and .FLV, the advanced specifications page recommends H.264/AAC in an MP4 container format."

You may have to do a little googling for your program specifically, but its a super standard option in Adobe Premiere.
atr3yu is offline   Reply With Quote