Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Supposed canting on Salomon Holograms?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Basti

Default Supposed canting on Salomon Holograms?

Hi everybody,

I just received a pair of 2013 Holograms and so far they look pretty great. I'll be trying them out next week and maybe post a review.

One thing that puts me off a bit is that according to the Salomon website they're supposed to have 2.5 degrees canting. The footbed looks all even. I even used a bubble level to see if they have some kind of canting but I just can't find any canting there. Compared to my Rome Targas where you can see the canting with your bare eye there's just no canting there.

There's two reasons I can imagine why that is: 1. there was an older batch of bindings and they added the canting afterwards. Or 2. they're using some kind of simmer down canting which only works when you're strapped in. The kind that Forum and Burton use. Though the footbed is a bit slim and doesn't seem to have enough room to offer that option.

Does anybody else have this problem or know why the canting seems to be missing?

Cheers
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote