Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Doing a season in Europe...
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 08:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
daphunky1

Default Doing a season in Europe...

I am from Canada and have rode some pretty dam good ski resorts around the rocky mountains (I spent last winter in Whistler, which was amazing). Anyways I haven't left North America yet so I figured why not head overseas to see what the Alps have to offer for this coming winter. I am just starting my research but so far have the idea of Switzerland in my head, but am open to anywhere really.

So right now I pretty much know nothing about the area or its mountain offerings. I would like to live preferably in a smallish location at the base of the ski resort if possible so I can ride almost everyday. I'll definately need advanced/expert terrain and as well some sort of terrain park is a really big plus. If anyone in the know could offer me a few suggestions of ski resorts to check out and also things to consider when looking at different countries that would be a big help. I understand that Switzerland is not part of the EU, but I'm not sure what that would mean for me. I read the other topic where someone reviewed Switrzerland. So it sounds like Switzerland is expensive, but I lived in Whistler for a season, it can't get much worse than that. Anyways like I said it doesn't hafta be Switzerland, awesome terrain and atleast a decent park at priorities though. Any help is much appreciated.