Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What is your job?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #106 (permalink)
boarderaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Yeah I could go work in Fort Mac. There's big money up there but the lifestyle SUCKS from what I've heard. We have lots of operators working for us for $30 an hour, when they could make double that up north, because they'd rather be with their family.

If I was smart I'd go work of there for a couple years, pocket a ton of cash, and come back to civilization a rich man! lol
Yes and no. I VERY briefly dated someone from Fort Mac who was actually a pretty decent guy. He was somewhat responsible with his money and didn't blow it on drugs and alcohol. It takes a certain kind of person to live up there, and it's not for everyone. From what I understood, usually the guys who run into problems are the ones living in the camps because they get bored. Folks who actually own homes up there seem to do better. I've got more to add to this, but my brain has decided to pull a case of the Monday's and short circuit my thoughts. I will add more to this later if/when I remember.
boarderaholic is online now   Reply With Quote