Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Spins Help
Thread: Spins Help
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
rasmasyean
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
hmmm, not sure i understand what you are saying. His words are "we can spin using counter rotations" and then the video shows that you would start a front 1 with your hands forward, as you jump your lower body switches around and your back shoulder comes forward. He says its good for jumping onto boxes and rails to stop your rotation.

I don't see a difference from what was shown in the video vs what he said. Again i could very easily be wrong but it seems like what he said is what they show.
hktrdr is talking about me having an argument with ppl about using "counter-rotation" in mogul runs...like 2 years ago!!!

Some ppl were saying you have to use "CASI" or whatever techniques to initiate turns in packed moguls "in theory", but there's no video proof I remember of. And all videos on Youtube I've ever found on rad mogul riding uses couter-rotation. I'm still waiting on that video of perfect turns through packed moguls and still haven't seen one. The closest one iirc is one that Snowolf posted, where the dude like travels all the way across the mogul hill and does the "anticipatory turn" thing. So IN THEORY, you can do this after each mogul if you practice enough or something. Whatever. I'll do it my way and you spend 10 years to perfect your way...if ever.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote