Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Riding feedback please
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
ig88

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn3rs View Post
ok i corrected the description. No accidents in the video.

Since it was a mellow ......
At this time maybe it would help to describe my stance.
  • I ride regular as seen
  • with a +15/-15 angle
  • and the bindings set as far apart from each as permitted possible by the board inserts
The last point was after a recommendation from a local instructor. I was advised to adopt the "cowboy stance".
Until you said your bindings were set as far apart as possible, I really could not have spotted it from your video. But have you measured your stance? You could be rocking something like 24 inches or more stance width if you are using the widest bindings settings. I seriously doubt you needed to use such a wide stance to obtain the extra stability you are craving for.

Your description of your board wiggle longitudinally and that you felt like about to catching an edge, could be because you were not pressing into each edge hard enough during your lapse of casual moments. As someone has said before here, if you are already committed on an edge, you shouldn't catch an edge. Were you close to flat basing when you experienced your instability?

There will be more people spotting what might be wrong with you as this thread moves on. What's really ironic is that I ride quite like you especially on the toe edge as I 'cruise' down. I might be leaning my body backwards just a tad more than you on the heel edge, not a lot more because I don't feel comfortable leaning too much into the blind spot ...... probably a natural instinct haha.

Fortunately I don't have all the instability issues you seem to have, even though there are other areas I want to improve on.
ig88 is offline   Reply With Quote