Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Southern Utah in late feb
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
nars

Default Southern Utah in late feb

Hi guys,

I'm new here and registered to see if some locals could have some useful tips for me. I'm brazilian and will be heading to utah last week of Feb. I want to go skiing/snowboarding, but the prices of the lodging and mountain near salt lake city were a bit to steep for me, so I was looking at beaver mountain up north or brian head south.
Since I'll probably go to Vegas, Brian head would be ideally located. But I am worried about snow conditions at this time. My questions:

1 - Does it still snow at this time on Brian Head, or will I probably get artificial snow?
2 - Would I be better off north of salt lake city, would it increase my chances of getting good snow?
3 - I plan to spend a week in a mountain, how many days will I be able to ski with my gf - able as in having physical conditions? (I did it once and I know you are all sore the next day... I'm imagining two days in a row would call for a day off)
4 - Any tips on other spots I could go skiing? I was looking for lodging at around $100/night on the mountain if possible, only place I found closest to that was Brian Head.

To be considered: Snow is awesome in itself for us who never see it, so if I could go to a place a bit more expensive or off mountain who had greater chance of having snow or better snow, I would most definitely consider it!

I called a few places, but I always get "Yes, we will have snow", so I figured I might get something more transparent from folks who know the region! All advice will be greatly appreaciated, I'm very unsure on what place to book at!
nars is offline   Reply With Quote