Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Spins Help
Thread: Spins Help
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
rasmasyean
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
I'm assuming what rasmasyean is trying to describe (since what he describes makes no sense and seems physically impossible) is actually him rotating into part of a 180 then using counter-rotation to shifty the remaining 180 and landing without un-doing the counter-rotation.
No, that's correcting an under-winded 180 initiated by rotation...using last-second counter-rotation. bleh.

Here, you know when you walk? You use counter-rotation to a smaller degree. Your left foot forward, right hand forward, right foot back, left hand back. I don't know what AASI/CASI calls it, but I say your upper vs. lower body is "counter-rotated".

This is a natural biomechincal sequence to enable efficient use of bipedal locomotion. An analogy to snowboarding is a 180. Except the snowboard is pretty heavy so you have to swing your arms/shoulders MORE! Naturally, depending on your upper vs. lower body mass, everyone requires a different "arm-flail" to result in a complete 180.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote