Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wrist Guard Gloves/ Riding with Wrist Guards
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
StrattonRider
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2o119906 View Post
So, I have been meaning to start riding with wrist guards but it's too late now. I fractured my wrist in 4 places last week and had to have 2 screws put in. Season over basically. bummer of the year. I live and work on the mountain, so it's pure torture not being able to ride. I am thankful for the 40-some days I got in so far, but it looks like that might be it. If I am extremely careful, I might be able to sneak out for some spring riding if I wear a wrist guard and take it VERY easy (don't tell the dr).

Anyway, I'm looking for opinions on the gloves with built-in wrist guards. I think Dakine makes some. How much protection do they really offer? Would I be better off wearing something from the Dr., or a more protective piece? Anyone ride with wrist guards? How bad does it suck? Etc. Etc...

thanks for any and all help. I just want to get back out there asap!!!
i have the dakine wristguard gloves and i hate them. It "restricts" your wrist from moving down but nothing stops it from moving going up like when you put your hands out to catch yourself.
StrattonRider is offline   Reply With Quote