Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - My Xmas bonus came early. Need some assistance on a new board...
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ntp_11

So I just got back from one of my Tahoe trips this season and I rode for 4 days. 3 out of the 4 days, I borrowed my buddies 2010 Custom X which is pretty beat up, but for the most part held up its own.

The 3rd day I actually demo'd out TRice Pro 157 from one of the local shops. And what I gathered for my experience on the board is that turn initiation seemed to be much harder and difficult than the X and my other previous boards. Trying to kick it back when going through the trees seemed much more work. Magnetaction is great though(actually a little too great as I ate it on a cat walk catching an edge). When I returned to the shop, and commented on the TRice to one of the local guys, he actually recommended to me the Banana Magic as well. Granted the TRice is a pro board, and I would classify myself to be an intermediate to advanced rider, but my concern is if the Banana Magic will have the same difficulty with turn initiation? Is this something I can expect from the Banana Magic as well, and if so, do I move to look at either the NS Proto CT, Premier, or Heritage?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.