Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Spins Help
Thread: Spins Help
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmasyean View Post
No, that's correcting an under-winded 180 initiated by rotation...using last-second counter-rotation. bleh.

Here, you know when you walk? You use counter-rotation to a smaller degree. Your left foot forward, right hand forward, right foot back, left hand back. I don't know what AASI/CASI calls it, but I say your upper vs. lower body is "counter-rotated".

This is a natural biomechincal sequence to enable efficient use of bipedal locomotion. An analogy to snowboarding is a 180. Except the snowboard is pretty heavy so you have to swing your arms/shoulders MORE! Naturally, depending on your upper vs. lower body mass, everyone requires a different "arm-flail" to result in a complete 180.
So basically you're just talking about pre-winding using odd terms instead of just saying pre-wind. Either that or you're doing a pure counter-rotated 180 off a jump, which is a very odd way to 180 off jumps since it's 100 times easier to just use normal rotation to drift into that smooth, slow 180.

Also, Snowolf, I just checked the current CASI manual and we're still told to use the term 'counter-rotation' in the latest course reference manual