Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - My Xmas bonus came early. Need some assistance on a new board...
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Brainwashed

I would say that the Banana Magic doesn't want to readily fall into a slow speed turn. It's a pretty stiff and aggressive board over and really needs to be paid attention to and really wants to be laid on edge to turn. At slow speeds such as in bumps I have needed to really push the tail around some to get it to swing a turn. Not a big deal to me at all, but slow speed easy turn initiation isn't this boards claim to fame. This board wants to be carved, and spun into a jib... then carved again.

The Magic is pretty stiff, and while I think it's an amazing all around board I wouldn't say that easy turn initiation is it's strength. Tight carves that would stand up to a Custom X/TRS are where I feel it's strength lies - all while being a true twin tip with rocker to help with powder float and flatland forgiveness. For a stiff board it's pretty playful, but it's still a stiff board like the T.Rice.

If you want a board that's easier to initiate slow speed turns with but is still very well rounded, I would steer you towards the TRS or Attack Banana. I would enjoy either one of these decks andthey seem to be softer flexing and therefore easier turn initiation. I think the trade off might be losing that sweet carve stability though.

I think you should try to demo the Magic if you can. You need to be able to make your own impressions of it. I can't speak to the Never Summer boards but they seem like they have an outstanding build quality.

Last edited by Brainwashed; 01-22-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Brainwashed is offline   Reply With Quote