Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Riding rails
Thread: Riding rails
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Extremo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Be smart about it, detune where you won't affect your riding too much and light bevel the effective edge. As menitoned above your still giving up some edge on ice and shit but w/e, you said its dedicated to park so. As far as washing out, if you get good board and body control you should be fine anyways, I'd say that more to do with your ability than your edge.

This is what I do.

Tips get filed down to round and then tapered into a slight bevel where it meets the effective edge. I keep that bevel to the outsides of my bindings and then taper back into filed off at 45 between the bindings slightly, not crazy amount but a few light runs with a file at 45 so its not sharp at all.

I have no issues riding my board like this anywhere on the mountain but be very careful on ice. That being said, you gotta have razor sharp edges to hold on ice anyways so nobody is in a better situation lol, I personally have always hated sharp edges park or no park.
I agree. Play with different bevels and detune different parts of your board. It'll help add grip where you need it and get rid of it where you're most likely to catch.

I used to add a 3 degree base bevel and only detune between the bindings. But now I just bevel it and lightly detune the entire edge. No hang ups and not too rounded so it doesn't completely take away the edge.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote