Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder resorts?
Thread: Powder resorts?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #86 (permalink)
MccBeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderMonkey View Post
You're an amatuer Mccbeth no mater how seriously you take yourself. You're not on the dew tour. It's a hobby.
lololol i am an amateur. i never take myself seriously, and go to have fun and practice new shit each time. i can only afford it once a week, and work 5 times a week. if you're such an adult, how can you go a few times a week? i pay all the same bills you do, but hey... until you clarified it for me, i had no idea that meant i was a real-life adult. gee whiz!

Quote:
Well considering I like to go a few times a week, which is quite normal for any hobby. Explain to me how I could afford 65 bucks a lift ticket and like 50 bucks in gas? That's like 350-400 bucks a week. Nevermind the wear and tear on the vehicle. A car costs 50 cents a mile to run.Then I have to pay rent/car payment/gas/food/insurance/misc expenses ect. It's called being an adult. I don't have money like that. How about someone who has a job working at mcdonalds or walmart(the largest employer in america)? Their lucky if they take home 300 bucks a week. Give me a break. This is considered a "white"(rich man's) sport for a reason.
Quote:
I'm a beginner. 4 times riding total.

one last poke for the angry bear.
Quote:
I was thinking wy/co/utah. if you're at the ocean in southern cali, it's a long ass drive to a mountain right?
pretty sure northern california has an ocean, too... i dunno, my 2nd grade geography could be wrong.

dude, you gotta lighten up. most people on here are teasing. it's great for you if you have a mountain, no matter how small, to go to a few times a week. but once every so often when a really good storm comes in, get some friends to go and throw down for gas for a day trip to a better resort if it's a powder day. seriously. lighten up and just enjoy the sport.
MccBeth is offline   Reply With Quote