Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarding going out of fashion
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
Extremo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soggysnow View Post
I think your version is out of fashion where I live. All I see are dark colours, browns, black green and camo and tighter pants. A lot of snowboarders don't want to be bright and flashy.

I agree with schmitty34 on why skiing is gaining more popularity. I actually think the progression of freestyle skiing is great :-) It will make everyone step up.
Don't get me wrong, we have the hipster/dirtbag kids too, which I look at as a different riding style than mine. I'm not talking about baggy vs hipster vs outdoorsy here. I'm talking about the completely clueless. The guy wearing a bandana with no hat and goggles or the guy wearing a medium sweatshirt and windpants at 10 degrees and gale force winds. Snowboarding has attracted all the dweebs which we used to associate with skiing.

I'm seeing skiing attracting the affluent, more families who can bring their toddlers along, the competitors to trophy sports of racing and ski jumping, as well as the Bobby Brown-Tanner Hall freestyle park riding types. And it's because skiing is easier. It encompasses a broader portion of the spectrum than snowboarding does.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote