Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Utah trip in March
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
neednsnow
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Wow. All sorts of information given, here.

1. The Double-Blacks in Utah are not the Double-Blacks of Tremblant. I've made the same mistake and pussed-out.

2. If your dad wants the resort experience, then you'll have some decisions to make. Brighton and Pow Mow are locals mountains. Something akin to Jay Peak. Great mountains, lots of fun, but not very resorty. Park City and the Canyons are near each other.....Lots of Terrain, lower elevation and on the back-side of the range, so they get less snowfall....but they are the "resort" experience. While everyone says "If you know where to go, Brighton is AWESOME." I've been to Brighton 5 times and I just can't accept that it is better than Snowbird. There are more crowds for sure, but there are so many "hidden spots" at Snowbird. Hell, even the open stuff takes a while to get beat-up at snowbird. (Yes, I've ducked the ropes Off Pacific and it wasn't bad....but I wouldn't advise a tourist on their first west trip to do it.)

Problem is, Brighton doesn't have much of a lodge or "Infrastructure." A good spot, for sure....but Tremblant to Brighton...pops may be upset.

I always endorse Snowbasin. It is flashy, down-home folks hate it because of the flash, but there is so much terrain......All Day Laps in Strawberry Basin are always a good time.

Snowbird is Big, Bad, Crowded, and always just Awesome! That being said, it is much more pretentious than Brighton/Solitude.

Good luck with your decision. Each place is lacking in some areas and offers awesomeness in others.