Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Why can't we hold on to female members?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #153 (permalink)
Varza

Is this thread back on track? Well I'll just serve you my 2 anyway :P

Most of what I am thinking of has already been said, but I don't think this has: even if you are a woman who can "hang out with the boys", you may still have a hard time taking random crap from a complete stranger on the Internet.

I'm in a technical field and as a result, most of my friends and the people I interact with on a regular basis are guys. No problem at all, we give each other crap all the time, all in good fun, and nobody takes it the wrong way because we all know each other. This doesn't transfer to a forum where practically nobody knows each other. When someone talks like that on here, I have a hard time telling if they are just making a joke or a friendly jab, if they really disagree and decide to be less than polite about it, or if they're a just a dick. It's disconcerting.

tl;dr As a side note, the member-who-shall-not-be-named almost made me leave, but then I stayed because of poutaten
Varza is offline   Reply With Quote