Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder resorts?
Thread: Powder resorts?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #95 (permalink)
PowderMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by neednsnow View Post
Yes Yes Yes! I was reading this and flashing back to arguments with my ex. (actually a few of my exs.......hmm, maybe it wasn't them. maybe I'm the ass! I need to make a few phone calls and apologize.)

OP. Listen: Many mountains groom overnight. If it snowed the day before, and people left bumps on the hill, then it snowed overnight....the bumps become covered by the snow....the hill needs to groom them for beginners. Beginners dont do bumps (I'm not even talking moguls) well at all. Hell, I hate bumps on green runs (yes, I can ride most anything....and I'm and adult....and I live in the east.)

To answer your original question...which someone actually did answer....you may need to call your local resorts and ask. I know some mountains post which runs were groomed and which ones were not. Many people appreciate groomed runs and many of us (you included) appreciate non-groomed runs. Also, be on the look-out for fluffy fluff on the sides of the groomed runs. They may not provide super big fluff, but that may atleast whet your whistle.

Also suggested...go to the mtn the day it IS snowing (not the day after.) Days that the snow keeps accumulating are AWESOME DAYS. Lets hope for one of those days this Friday or Saturday.

Be well and relax a bit....life in the forum is pretty laid-back.
THANK YOU FOR A DESCENT RESPONSE!
(SOOO much better than a stupid lecture or calling me names and telling me to stfu!)
One thing though....

I don't like bumps though either! What I meant to say was I wish they would groom at the end of the day always!!! BUT then leave it fresh in the morning! What the place I went to was doing was they let it snow ALL night long while they were closed and then groomed 30 minutes before opening! Therefore no fresh powder(it was only like 4-5 inches). Always groom to take out bumps/chops. That's very dangerous leaving chopped up snow/bumps with a fresh couple inches of snow on top.
PowderMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote