Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Southern Utah in late feb
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
WasatchMan
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars View Post
NoOtherOptions and WasatchMan,

Thank you so very much for the answers!! It's great to hear you normally get most of the snow on Feb/March... I was thinking it would begin to melt from then on.
Yeah, on a decent season Snowbird (SLC resort) will stay open for skiing and snowboarding till July 4th.

I honestly don't know anything about where to stay...sorry.

The only place I know is the Brighton Lodge, right at the bottom of Brighton Resort in Big Cottonwood Canyon, 40 minutes from downtown SLC. Brighton is a smaller resort, without a lot of amenities. It's a local spot at the top of the canyon in the middle of the Wasatch, so it gets huge snowfalls, it's great for hardcore riders who only care about parking their truck and riding. You don't go there to eat or anything - although they do have three places at the bottom of the lifts to eat, one is a bar. The brighton lodge though is more like a dorm room, very small rooms, bathroom, kitchen, tv room are all outside in community rooms in the hall. It's like $80 bucks a night I think, two second walk from the lifts. I've only seen one room, i don't know if they have bigger rooms which I think they might (with bathroom, tv in room etc.)

I don't know a lot about lift tickets, i usually just buy a season pass. You'd have to check package deals from resort sites or skiutah.com or check utah avalache center for discount single day tickets or local ski shops like canyonsports ,salty peaks etc.

edit: are you coming by yourself JUST to ride or are you coming with family?

Last edited by WasatchMan; 01-22-2013 at 09:07 PM.
WasatchMan is offline   Reply With Quote