Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Spins Help
Thread: Spins Help
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
rasmasyean
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
So basically you're just talking about pre-winding using odd terms instead of just saying pre-wind. Either that or you're doing a pure counter-rotated 180 off a jump, which is a very odd way to 180 off jumps since it's 100 times easier to just use normal rotation to drift into that smooth, slow 180.

Also, Snowolf, I just checked the current CASI manual and we're still told to use the term 'counter-rotation' in the latest course reference manual
Just forget it. I've come to the conclusion that some ppl are just so stuck up about thier own "manuals and terminology" that they can't accept any other way of decribing the sport...or performing in it. It's actually embarasses me, because I'm American as well and this is just typical about Americans as many countries often point out.

Anyways to answer your question as to "why"...because exactly as you point out, a normal 180 is slow a counter-roatating 180 is fast. The is no way in hell you would be able to do a normal 180 as fast as a counter-rotated one without overspinning and reverting.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote