Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

What's the craziest/weirdest thing you've ever worn for snowboarding?

5K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  XxSnowbunnyxX 
#1 ·
The most out-of-place thing I ever wore was a shirt on a warm day, but I've seen people wearing all kinds of shit like rabbit suits, bikinis, Halloween costumes, etc. :blink:

What's the strangest thing you've ever worn or seen someone wearing on the hill?

#12 ·
WInter Park was AWFUL last year. Shit was so iced out that the far end of the mountain (opposite side of Mary Jane) was unrideable. Ground cover up everywhere blech.
Yep, it was. When I went on the first day we actually went down that unridable part across from Mary Jane. It was frozen solid, ungroomed, and there were moguls everywhere.

We also took a route from the summit that was completely rough and slippery ice until about halfway down. Catching an edge there would have been...nasty. :unsure:

I haven't actually heard anything good about that place on this forum.

#27 ·
Yep, it was. When I went on the first day we actually went down that unridable part across from Mary Jane. It was frozen solid, ungroomed, and there were moguls everywhere.

We also took a route from the summit that was completely rough and slippery ice until about halfway down. Catching an edge there would have been...nasty. :unsure:

I haven't actually heard anything good about that place on this forum.
I rode down it too, the entire left side had caution markers up because it was literally dirt. God that was a fucking awful week of riding. Everything was tracked the fuck out and icy.

#17 ·
I'm boring. Nothing weird for me... yet ;) but you know that pig from the Geico commercial that goes "weeeee!" with it's head out a car window, holding pin wheels? Anyways, I saw a ski team dressed as the pig (noses and all) holding pin wheels while skiing down Bretton Woods shouting "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!". I've also seen a banana and my boyfriend saw someone wearing a cape.

#18 · (Edited)
I think every resort has a bra tree!

Boarded with a buddy from work the other day. He showed up in a 3/4 length fur coat, with a womens fur hat. And aviator sunglasses... :blink: And he was drunk.

Back in the 90's I had a brown and black boarding suit from Bamboo Curtain, and I used to wear hats that were about 4 feet long (it was the style at the time). One guy on the lift yelled down at me and said I looked like a raccoon. :dunno:

I bought blaze orange hunting pants about 5 years ago because nobody could find me on the hill. Worked like a charm. Now everybody's doing it. :blink:

edit: I just looked up Bamboo Curtain for shits and giggles. They were bought out in Sept '95 and debranded. I must have got that suit in 93-94 or so... :blink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.