Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Homebrewing...
Thread: Homebrewing...
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
tigre

Hooray for homebrew! It's the natural progression for anyone who loves beer and likes to do things for themselves. I have at least 50 different kinds of beer in my house right now, but my favorites are some of the ones I've brewed myself.

Kind of a big brew day here today. I kegged my first hard apple cider, transferred a macadamia brown ale to secondary, and am brewing a passionfruit wheat right now. I've been brewing a couple of years now (after a long hiatus due to lack of time), and am looking at going all-grain soon. Between that, washing yeast, and buying a lot of my hops in bulk, I'll be getting my cost per glass down to a reasonable level, and will have more control over my beer as well. I have a pretty rudimentary kegerator with four kegs, which is an amazing improvement over bottling everything. Oh, one other thing that I don't think has been mentioned is, take notes! I'm always looking back at my recipe book to see what I did in previous brews.

So Poutanen, how'd your beer turn out?

Last edited by tigre; 01-22-2013 at 11:22 PM.
tigre is offline   Reply With Quote