Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Spins Help
Thread: Spins Help
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 12:59 AM   #32 (permalink)
rasmasyean
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post

Please, enlighten us. What exactly is this so called "spinning a counter rotated 180" and how it is different from a "normal" 180 and why for such a small rotation, why it is even desirable to spin a faster 180 in the first place when everyone who actually does them tries to do them slower and more floaty because the look and feel better that way.

The only possible time a rider might rotate counter to their spin is to stop the spin once in the air. This again is not "counter rotation" it is simply counter and is assuming a static position to slow and stop rotation. I get what you are desperately trying to convey but you are doing it in a very bizarre and over complicated way, using outdated and inaccurate terminology that lends confusion and massive over complication of a simple concept.

This has nothing to do with Americans being stuck up on manuals and terminology and being unable to describe or perform the sport. It has to do with using terms and tasks that are efficient and make logical sense. It is you who are unable to evolve and adapt to better methods of teaching and riding.

Please stop trying to give advice to people, you don't have the knack of it....
OK, you win, Snowolf standards dictates what "looks and feels better that way".

And OK, I haven't updated my terms/techniques/lingo/principles since that 2 year old Sierra video that's "outdated". Appologies, that I have not kept up to date with the major advancements in the art since then! Sorry!
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote