Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Homebrewing...
Thread: Homebrewing...
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #21 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MccBeth View Post
how long does a beginner/tester beer take to brew? well.... just any kind of beer.. i'd have to mess around with ingredients/timing anyway, so... how long the average brew takes, and well.... just anything a new brewer should know?
Here's the kit my neighbours got me. No idea about the gluten...

Beer Making Kit: Everyday IPA - Beer Making Kits - Store

That ended up making 6-500 ml bottles, took a few hours the first night to prepare the wort. Then two weeks to ferment, an hour one night to bottle, and another two weeks to carbonate.

So total time is 4-5 weeks or so, with about 4 hours of that being work. Probably a lot less than 4 hours once you know what you're doing.

Would I do it again? In a second... It was really fun. My first thought as I was drinking it was "THIS IS BEER!!!" I don't know why I was expecting something different. But it's beer, different than anything I've bought in the store before, but that's okay. I suppose as you get more into it one of the cool things is you know 100% what's in the beer you're drinking.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote