Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Homebrewing...
Thread: Homebrewing...
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:21 AM   #22 (permalink)
tigre

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
I'm actually really impressed with how it turned out!
Cool!

Quote:
I need to take your advice and make notes. Not sure if I would do anything differently if I made this mix again, overall it seemed just about right for my tastes, but I would like to get more into stuff like you're doing (ciders, fruit beers, my own mixes, etc.) where notes will be key I think.
Yeah, for sure. A lot of my beers are basic recipes (pale ales, brown ales, porters) with other flavors added, usually when I transfer to secondary or at kegging/bottling. I should work on more styles, though. I'd love to be able to do Belgians. And meads. I have a friend who does great meads, but the only one I've tried (a raspberry mead) tasted like cough syrup. It's the only bad thing I've brewed.

Quote:
I gotta look up this kegorator thing. Keg fridge is it? I suppose bottling into a keg is just as easy as bottling into bottles? Mix the fermented beer with some sugar source, transfer to a sterile keg, and screw the top on?!?
It's so much easier than bottling. You only have one container to clean and sanitize, instead of dozens. And no capping! We're just using our old fridge with plastic picnic taps for now. It's pretty easy to setup, you just need the CO2 tank + regulator, a manifold to split the gas to multiple kegs, and hoses, quick connects, and taps. If you use a freezer you need a temperature controller, too. We're going to go to a chest freezer and get a couple more kegs (six beers on tap sounds about right, right?) and then mount all the taps right. Maybe fancy it up with wood paneling.

Quote:
Yay for beer! lol
Yay!
tigre is offline   Reply With Quote