Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Homebrewing...
Thread: Homebrewing...
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 01:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
MccBeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre View Post
A lot of my beers are basic recipes (pale ales, brown ales, porters) with other flavors added, usually when I transfer to secondary or at kegging/bottling. I should work on more styles, though. I'd love to be able to do Belgians. And meads. I have a friend who does great meads, but the only one I've tried (a raspberry mead) tasted like cough syrup. It's the only bad thing I've brewed.
so... is figuring out different flavors something that is explained when you buy your first "yaaay you're making your own beer" kit, or mostly what you have learned on your own.

i have to assume my experiences will probably be different. i'm going to have to experiment a lot to get what i used to love... amber to dark.

i won't be able to use wheat or malt... so besides those ingredients... what have you used for flavoring? and if it isn't mentioned (or is and you prefer a different way) in the instruction manual to brewing, what do you prefer?
MccBeth is offline   Reply With Quote