Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Homebrewing...
Thread: Homebrewing...
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:45 AM   #26 (permalink)
tigre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MccBeth View Post
so... is figuring out different flavors something that is explained when you buy your first "yaaay you're making your own beer" kit, or mostly what you have learned on your own.
I just throw whatever I want in there. If it seems like it would taste good, I'll give it a go. To me, that's a lot of the point of homebrewing. There are lots of good beers out there, but I can make stuff that I can't buy. I've made beer with walnut extract (soak nuts in vodka, don't just put them in the beer), spruce tips, ginger and lemongrass, toasted hickory chips, cinnamon, chocolate, and so on. Next up is a Kona coffee stout.

Quote:
i have to assume my experiences will probably be different. i'm going to have to experiment a lot to get what i used to love... amber to dark.

i won't be able to use wheat or malt... so besides those ingredients... what have you used for flavoring? and if it isn't mentioned (or is and you prefer a different way) in the instruction manual to brewing, what do you prefer?
Read the forum I posted. I'm not up on gluten-free brewing (though I've been thinking about making some for my dad-in-law, who's celiac), but it looks like there are plenty of recipes in there for you. That's a good forum, too. If you have questions, just ask. Read a bit about basic brewing first though, so the recipes will make more sense. In addition to the book I posted before, this one is good too (there's a newer version, but for basic stuff this one works well and is free!): How to Brew - By John Palmer

Last edited by tigre; 01-23-2013 at 02:48 AM.
tigre is offline   Reply With Quote