Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - REVIEW: 2013 Flow NX2-AT
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Wangta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
I hit the hill today and took 2 decks with me for a bit of back to back comparison / review. Deck 1 is a 159 2011 Rossi One Magtek with 2010 Flow NXT-AT binders. Deck 2 is a 160 2012 Lib Tech Lando Phoenix with 2013 Flow NX2-AT binders.

The new bindings are a significant step ahead. Way to go Flow. The biggest improvement is the new ratchets. Unlike the old Flow Ratchets that you had to pull out and then lock down, (which many people never figured out ), the new ones work in the same fashion as the ratchets that are the norm on most every other binding. This makes setup and adjustments on the fly a breeze!!!!

As the NXT and NX2 have a very, if not identical, strap, the feel and fit of the two bindings is very similar. There is one noticeable difference in that the new NASTY system makes getting in and out even easier than it was before. The other advantage I noticed is that you can set your bindings just that much snugger with the NX2 and the NASTY will allow you to get in and out. If I set my NXT's as tight, getting in and out is not so quick and easy. So for those who claimed that they could never get Flows tight enough, that has changed with the new NX2-AT.

I like the fact that you can adjust the height of the highback ( three little screws on the back allow for this adjustment ) The canted footbed is also adjustable depending on the size of your boot.

As is the case with all bindings, no matter who's make you ride, taking the time to set them up and dial them in is key. Having done that with these new NX2's, I can say they are a solid, comfortable, responsive binder. I am a rider who never hits the park and I would suggest that these are much too stiff for that kind of rider. These are more for those who like to bomb the hill and want a solid, responsive connection with their deck. Nice work Flow.

( I'll review the Lando seperately )
Thanks for the review man. Been looking for some feedback on these bad boys.
Wangta is offline   Reply With Quote