Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Why can't we hold on to female members?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #201 (permalink)
XxSnowbunnyxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
It is actually comments like this that drive women like me away from forums like this.

So you are saying that girls who enjoy shopping for girly things are what? They are just not as cool as you are?

I have 2 closets full of clothes, a makeup collection worth thousands and no less than 20 bottles of perfume on a silver tray on my dresser. 2 large jewelry boxes full of goodies and a hanging jewelry organizer in one of my closets. I LOVE girly things. I also laugh at all the trash talk and dirty comments. I can and have fixed all of my own cars. I am learning to snowboard. I am heading to Tahoe in 2 weeks for some snowboarding and to log a whole lot of hours on a snowmobile.

I think it is completely ignorant to make judgemental comments about those of us who DO enjoy girly things and shopping for girly things. I show up at the mountian with a full face of completely waterproof makeup on....doesnt affect my ability to learn how to board at all, doesnt mean I am less awesome than the girls who show up with their hair in a nasty mess and nothing on their face.

A girl can be active, intelligent, fun, and capable of all kinds of incredible things....and still be a girly girl. I am not prissy or afraid to get dirty. But I am a girl, and enjoy everything that comes with that.
Amen! I'm girly and tom boyish... but it's the girls that post shit like she did that want to fit in with the guys and look awesome to them. i dont have to try to fit in or make it look like i do online. if the guys on here dont like me what do i care? i just chime in when i want and dont need to impress anyone. so i love your comments back to her
XxSnowbunnyxX is offline   Reply With Quote