Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Buying advice for complete Setup, Board, Binding, and Boots
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
vknyvz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBomb View Post
What kind of riding do you mostly do, and in what part of the world? If you are mostly riding hardpack/icy groomers on the East coast, that will influence what board and subsequent equipment you get.

First things first, go to a shop if possible and get fitted for some good boots. Don't skimp on the boots, they are the most important part. A medium flex, do-it-all boot would probably be best.

From there, you can pick out a board that works well for the conditions you normally ride in, then select bindings to complement the board and your boots.

You will probably want a wider board since you will wear a bigger boot. A wider board is stiffer than a narrower one for the same length. A wider board can also accommodate a broader range of weights.

I would maybe check out the Neversummer Legacy 159 or 161. Legacy | Never Summer Industries - Snowboards, Longboards, Clothing and Accessories - Powered by CLVR TV
For now I have been riding on the east coast, hunter, windham sometimes in vermont.

also that website shows that board as a pipe & park, freestyle board, am I wrong?

Ok I am definetly getting a wider board, 159 to 161 range but for the stiffness, considering my level of ability, what do you guys suggest? more flexable?

Since it will be my first board, any difference between all-mountain freeride boards?

that website you shared, shows the `legacy` board as pipe & park freestyle board, would this be good for me? I was under the impression that a freeride (all-mountain board) is what I needed

Last edited by vknyvz; 01-23-2013 at 01:13 PM.
vknyvz is offline   Reply With Quote