Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarding going out of fashion
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #35 (permalink)
blunted_nose
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoFreshies View Post
I gotta say, you and BA are throwing out very compelling arguments from both sides here.

But I think I have to agree with the dwindling snowboard percentage. Im seeing it in the form of less people taking snowboarding lessons, and hearing what the trends are doing from the managers at the ski school. Last week we had a school night (schools from the valley come up to the hill) and there were 65 beginner skiiers and 29 beginner snowboarders. My manager was saying how 2 or 3 years ago that number would have been flipped, and that snowboard, specifically lessons, just keep going down.

I would also attribute that to snowboarding being harder, snowboarders start later (ski school starts at liek 3 or 4 where board school starts at 7) and parents are starting their kids out on skis because that is what the older generation does. And since skiing is cool too with those tall tees and twin tips and park riding kids are stoked to stick with it.

Im fine with snowboarding going lower in numbers. What i mind is that big companies will stick around while smaller dubs will go under. Why dont we all start making our own snowboards?

And theres always burton...
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote