Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarding going out of fashion
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #37 (permalink)
Engage_mike

I love this message board!!

I think the article is headed in the correct direction when it speaks of the age range in which the sport got hot...Snowboarding is SOO young compared to the sport of skiing and I believe what keeps a sport (or what I usually am arguing about, a team loyalty) is time....
you figure with skiing there have been several generations now that have told themselves, " I am going to get my kids skiing with me on our future vacations." that 1 skier has now produced a flock of 3 kids that ski...as I now have my first child and have vowed to myself to get good enough on my snowboard to show her how to snowboard...(Although if she takes to skiing I'm cool with that as well ) So its up to us 30 + year olds that are raising children to get them "STOKED" on the sport for it to continue to grow...its all in TIMES hands I believe (IF this was already spoken about I'm sorry if I missed the reply but I can't read every single reply)
...Mr. Avenger...I always love your replies...you are a hell of a writer and I love to see your rants and logic behind each one
Engage_mike is offline   Reply With Quote