Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board Suggestions for Tall Rider
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 08:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Giant

Default Board Suggestions for Tall Rider

Hey guys,

Recently got into snowboarding and am looking at getting my own gear for next season. I would class my self in high begginer low intermediate skill level and would like a general purpose board that could work on the slopes as well as the park when i get the confidence up.

I am willing to wait till this years stuff goes on sale to make space for 09 stuff or even get 09 stuff if its that much better.

My problem is my size, Ive read the sizing recommendations on a heap of sites, but cant find gear that i should be looking at.

I am 6"5'ish or 195cm tall and about 90Kg, from what I've read i would need a board about 168-175 (to reach between chin and nose) but cant find any this big!

My other problem is my feet, I have size 15-16 US shoes, these in boots become huge, and finding a board with the right width is also posing a problem.

If anyone has any suggestions of brands and models to look out for and ones to steer clear of it would be much appreciated. I want to buy local (in Melbourne, Aus) if possible so i have the help an support of a store while I'm getting into and can hopefully work out a deal if i do boots bindings and board at once. If it makes a difference I will be mainly at Mt Buller for this and next season.

Cheers