Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - need help choosing a board, bindings, boots
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
danny9621

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
need help choosing a board, bindings, boots

Im not exactly new to snowboarding, but i consider myself a beginner. I am looking to buy a new board, bindings, and boots. I want this stuff to last me a long time because i don't have the money to replace it frequently.

Could anyone please recommend me a good setup? Also, could you tell me which brands to stay away from and which are the best?

Here is some info on me if it helps:
- im 5'10, 130 pounds, and 16 years old.
- I would consider myself a beginner. I can easily go down any of the green trails at my local mtn and have yet to try the blues, but i will try them next time i snowboard. I don't plan on going down the expert trails anytime soon.
- I ride in what i think is the regular stance. (Im right handed and ride facing the right side of the board)
- I snowboard at a place named Belleayre on the east coast, sort of a beginners mtn i think.
- I snowboard 2 - 4 times a year.

Thats everything i can think of. I want a good quality board that will last me a long time. I heard that brands like 5150 are bad, but whats your opinion?

I almost forgot, i was hoping to get a board and binding for under 400$ if possible. I plan on ordering the stuff online but i want to buy boots at a pro shop so i can try them on first.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!