Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Buying advice for complete Setup, Board, Binding, and Boots
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
m0rph3us

Quote:
Originally Posted by vknyvz View Post
so been checking the Burton Cartel Snowboard Bindings, coz atlas and union sl don't seem to have good reviews online. this burton do have it on the L size (idk sometimes i wear 12 sometimes 13).

what was the first boot you bought?

also there's no info on any binding is being soft or stiff, how to know?
I've actually just bought some Cartels but haven't had a chance to try them out yet. Most bindings will have a stiffness rating from 1-10 (10 being the stiffest) - try the manufacturers page or even one of the big websites like tactics.com has it on each product page. The Cartels are a 6 or a 7 I think which is about right for an all around binding. Different manufacturers sometimes rate stiffness slightly differently but it's a pretty good starting point.

I've found the Union bindings ride pretty well but aren't always the most durable.

First boots I had were Salomons, I honestly can't remember what type sorry. They were OK but pretty sore on the ankles while I was breaking them in (although they were fine after that). They were starting to wear in a few places after 3 weeks or so of riding. The Burton Rulers are really comfortable, ride well, and have pretty much no signs of wear after the 15-20 days I've ridden them so far.
m0rph3us is offline   Reply With Quote