Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Sled Accessed Riding
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
luckboxing

I'm definitely not planning on going out there alone. Not planning on reaching the summit then ghost riding the thing down the mountain, haha. Working on talking a friend into buying one, but looking around for people to ride with anyways. Seems like there's a dozen sleds in our parking lot here, should be able to find somebody.

Didn't mean to compare it directly to a splitboard, just seemed like it might be a cheap way to get into it. Split + sled sounds like the ideal setup.

Walove, have you ridden Brandywine? Any other zones up here that you'd recommend starting out on? I'm not looking for anything crazy, would actually prefer a busier place with some mellowish slopes.

Been reading through that long thread, people seem to speak pretty highly of the exact model I posted. 04-05 800's would be a lot better, but about 3x the price from what I've seen and the reliability isn't significantly (or any) better from what I've read in that thread. I realize that a longer track would be ideal, does it help that I'm 140 lbs and hopefully riding well tracked areas?
luckboxing is offline   Reply With Quote