Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need some suggestions/confirmations
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 02:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cujo28

Default Need some suggestions/confirmations

Hey all,

I'm gettin a new board and new boots this year. I'm pumped and have been checking out a lot of new stuff.

So I need some really saavy advice from whoever can help me. I've been boarding for about 10 years in the Northeast, but only get to go about 15 times or so per year. I've always been more of a grip it and rip it kinda guy and never got into the technical stuff too much; therefore I'd appreciate the advice on the technical aspects of what I should get here...I've done a lot of research myself but obviously it doesn't compare to how a board rides. I want this year to be a break out year for me in the park and I intend to go at leat 40 or 50 times this year. So that being said heres the bottom line.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

Current set up: Burton Canyon, Shitty boots, Burton Mission Bindings.

Foot size: 11-11.5

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 190

I'm looking for a board that is going to excel in the park over big ass kickers, boxes and rails. I want to ollie like the ships goin down, cuz this burton canyon lost all of its snap. I'm not big on the pipe, so I don't care about a board that can perform in one at the moment. I am an all mountain boarder and I enjoy rollers and glades just as much as the park so I don't want to sacrifice versatility. Do you think I can get a reg. board or go wide with my 11-11.5 size boots, I want a lighter board so i can trick easier...

Here's what I had in mind...Never summer SL R (I think the legacy is the wide version, but is it too heavy?)

I was also thinking of the Capita Black Death Speed Tribe...It seems like a good board, good snap, stiff enough to get through chop and maintain whilst hauling ass...but I just can't find enough reviews, or anyone whose ever rode one.

I'd really appreciate everyones suggestion, thanks y'all