Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Buying advice for complete Setup, Board, Binding, and Boots
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
m0rph3us

It has nothing to do with any of them being experts, and more to do with the fact I spoke to a lot of people about this stuff and they all said 'find something you enjoy riding rather than worrying too much about a specific camber'. Some knew their shit, some probably didn't, but no-one I spoke to said anything to suggest that I'd necessarily develop better technique riding camber.

I originally thought that I should get a camber board for that exact reason you said. I instead bought a Ride Machete (rocker), because it seemed to suit my style of riding and a lot of people had good things to say about it. I personally think I am learning stuff a lot quicker on this board and enjoying my riding a lot more than when I was on rental boards, all of which were camber (at least the ones I rode). (that could equally be because most rental boards are pretty shitty though)

It makes sense really. If you have a board you enjoy riding, you can spend a lot more time thinking about developing your skills, because you don't have to worry about getting shitty and frustrated because the board didn't handle like you wanted/expected it to in a particular situation.

With all the hybrid boards around nowadays I think it makes a lot more sense to think about whether the board will suit your style of riding rather than getting too hung up on the exact camber of the board.
m0rph3us is offline   Reply With Quote