Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder resorts?
Thread: Powder resorts?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #112 (permalink)
herzogone
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Re: Powder resorts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderMonkey View Post
No thanks. I like wide open long carving and not hugging a tree lol

I always thought ski's were a better tool for really tight east coast tree skiing anyway. Can change direction much quicker. Snowboards better for wide open deep powder.
So rightcoast shred....if they have a big overnight storm at wachuesett, do they groom the entire mountain before opening?
OK, I'm a little late to this train wreck, but I'll chime in on the OT anyway. Despite their reputation for grooming (twice a day), Wachusett actually does it pretty intelligently in my experience. In general, they don't groom pow until things are completely tracked up crud (though that doesn't take long with the crowds they get). If it dumps overnight, they leave it alone until 4p generally. By then everything is completely tracked anyway so grooming is better. I believe this even applies to the greens, it definitely does for the blues and blacks.

Also, I realize you don't like trees, but just FYI it is a good idea to stay out of the trees there. It's actually against state law/regs and can be a $5000 fine because of the protected old growth forest.

Sent using VerticalSports.Com App
herzogone is offline   Reply With Quote