Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - My Intro
Thread: My Intro
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
IS3_FTW

Thumbs up My Intro

Hello everyone, glad to be a member on this forum. I have been on many car forums, but I would say, this is my first non car forum. I am a moderator on one of them, so I kind of know the routine.

Now about me...
I am 36yrs old male and have been snowboarding for the past 7yrs. I started off by piecing together used stuff and not knowing the difference between stiff and soft board/boots/bindings. Luckily for me, I had a great experience my first season up and havent looked back since. When I go up, I normally stay on the groomers and trails(when its not icy). Now I am venturing into the park and hitting the jumps and maybe a little bit of rails and boxes. Nothing fancy yet. Still a beginner in that area. I would say that Im about 60% groomers/40% park.

My setup for now, until I find a new set of bindings. '12 Rome Mod Rocker board, cheapo Salomon bindings(maybe not) and '12 Van's High Standard boots. Is there a way to find out what style of bindings I have now?
Right now, I am stuck on what kind of bindings would be good for me and my setup? I dont plan on buying new boots or board anytime soon. Keep in mind that I do like speed when on groomers and need something that can handle turns without washing out.

Thanks for reading

Last edited by IS3_FTW; 02-22-2013 at 08:10 PM.
IS3_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote