Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Pleading for help from an expert boot fitter or anyone else that has had cramps...
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
dfischer

I have tried a K2 Thraxis and a DC Judge boot now. The Thraxis caused a lot of cramping no matter what I did. I ran with the DC Judge's today and felt cramping in my first run. On my second I tried to fiddle around and pay some serious attention to where it's hurting.

It hurts the most on any narrow lines. That means whenever I'm on one edge is when my foot starts cramping. I'm trying to figure out a reason for this. The biggest issue I see may be that my foot is pushing against the insole of my boot in order to stay on toe side or heel side. Toe side hurts the most and cramps the easiest.

Overall If I try to focus on relaxing my feet as much as possible and leaning into the tongue of my boot to go toeside I have less pain, although it's still there.

Another issue came up today and I noticed that as the day went on and got a little hot (SoCal) my feet were extremely sweaty in my socks and it felt slippery which was causing me to perform worse. However the boot is snug all around and my toes touch the tip so not sure why it feels slippery if it's snug but it does. Anyone else feel that?

I've tried boot size 12 on all of these. Someone suggested I go a size smaller but I don't see how that would be possible if I am touching the front with my big toe already and one or two more.

I ordered some Salmon Synapse Wide's as well but I didn't try them out at all because they come out about 1 1/2" on my toeside and I don't like the idea of having that much overhang and washing out.

I have some 32 Focus's coming in the mail and I'll compare that to the DC Judge's and pick from there.

So far it seems that a wider boot seems to be helping the cramps and less tension on the foot.

Anyone have some overall comments on my experience or suggestions of what else to try?

For sure not my bindings... if anyone suggests that.

P.s I got a custom footbed from Sure foot ($240. Ouch.). Doesn't seem like it's a magical cure and I can't tell if it's helping that much but my doctor told me I need a footbed to avoid lower back pain so I'll keep it in. I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis.
dfischer is offline   Reply With Quote