Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Restricted Mission bindings - bad ratchets?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
tokyo_dom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonBindings View Post
3. the issue that tokyo_dom is experiencing is due to this:
- the metal lever is attached to metal teeth in a single component. the tongue is a softer polymer call TPU (thermo poly-urethane). The metal, a cast molded 6061 Aluminum, is wearing the teeth on the TPU tongue because the users hand is twisting the lever a little bit. It's common and it's not that big of a deal. In fact it basically happens with every buckle and tongue combo in the industry.
Thanks for the response (even if it was mainly for AssasinMonLV). As for the twisting of the hand, I spent some time looking at the angles of the teeth vs the ladder strap. It might be hard to see from the picture i put up, but it was off at an angle compared to the strap sleeve. In order for it to have any traction, i actually had to twist it the other way, while applying a fair amount of pressure to the front of the ratchet. Simply applying pressure straight down was not enough.

But the shop assistant agreed with me, and he had a very hard time ratcheting it down as well, which is why it is off for warranty repairs at the moment. Its a pity that they werent one of the privileged shops to get spare parts, because now i am left hoping they can get the binding back before the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonBindings View Post
This buckle which is featured on all Burton Bindings above $200.00 USD, has more parts, enough that we can only afford to put in on higher end models due to how many parts it has.
Oh how it sucks to be me here in Japan
Mission Snowboard Binding | Burton Snowboards
Mission Restricted Retails at 34,650 yen, or $390 USD at current exchange rates. I was extremely lucky to have found a pair at a much lower price than that - but still over $200 USD

Mind you the bindings are the least of my problems now as the 39,900yen ($450 USD) retail Ambush boots appear to have inner boot inconsistencies that make them unbearably tight on one side only - even after spending a few hours walking around town like LiL-wayne. I suppose this is also one of the lower end boots in the US though :-/
tokyo_dom is offline   Reply With Quote