Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Meadows on Rotary Night.....
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
pdxrealtor
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Yup! I love riding at Meadows but I hate crowds. I totally avoid the place on weekends and holidays. Rotary night not only brings out crowds, but also many many people unskilled at skiing and riding. The other big problem with Rotary night is copious amounts of alcohol are usually involved. Combine that with crowds and lack of skill and it becomes a gravy train for Providence Medical Centers....

I try very hard to never ever hold a job that has Saturday and Sunday off. Whether its snowboarding or river rafting, I want my days off mid week and I hate holidays with an extra intense passion. If I have a weekend off for any reason, the only option I will even consider is back country splitboarding. Won`t get within 10 miles of a resort on a peak day.

I better include my disclaimer since certain individuals who lurk the forums like to get butthurt when they take a comment out of context:
This is`nt a slam in any way against Meadows. It is the nature of ALL resorts to be crowded during peak days and I personally do not enjoy crowds and choose to avoid them. Again, not denigrating Meadows in any way.
LOL.... love your disclaimers.

Copious amount of alcohol?? ummm.. guilty as charged! I said I fell, but I also said I get right the fuck back up.. I don't care if I have so roll to safety I'll move.. simple as that.

And.... I never try to hold a job..... period..
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote