Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Lake Louise 08/09
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Snowjoe

The first scheduled event is November 22nd, probably will get going at the Lake near then, probably earlier at Sunshine. Peak times is obviously Christmas, and March/April around Spring Break and Easter. Even though we get free riding at Sunshine they have a blackout period over the peak times where we cant use it, but who wants to travel to a busy resort when you have the Lake on your doorstep anyway?

I lived (and will again) in staff accom there but they give us an actual house to live in across the train tracks instead of in Chucktown (get used to hearing that name no-one calls it Charleston Residence at the place!). It's pretty cool though generally you share an apartment with around 6 people, you might share a room you might have your own, depends on what they give you! It's a cool place and it's basically Little Australia there! Pretty much the only staff that don't stay there are Instructors and Management. Usually they stick you in a room with people who work in the same department as you. It's about 2km from the actual hill and theres regular free shuttles, or in the spring you can walk it which is sweet. You'll meet people there instantly.

Feel free to ask whatever, I'm sure I'll run into you at some point out there anyway!
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote