Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - This is how we learn...
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
liner

to write this off as "things stupid kids will do", seems unfair to me. Im 23, and as surprised as I am I maybe it to 20, look at the world of snowboarding were in today. Urban park riding is big right now. Backyard features are not new. I feel like most snowboards at one point did them. The only difference at a park is theyre bigger, generally have a better landing, and ski patrol is right there(but 911s always pretty close). Assuming you take the time to plan right and do it right, Theres not THAT much more of a risk.

That said,

if you watch some of his 3's, i was pretty sure he was gunna land on his head everytime :/ which a diy jump that launched you an unexpected angle could do pretty easily.

He looks like a fairly expieriemced rider, not some first-day-on-snow noob, and one I'd believe did backyard stuff.

Nonetheless, this is no joke, and just a sad situation. Weird bad shit can happen to anyone, so next time your on the snow take a second to be thankful, I know i will.

My thoughts and prayers go out to a smooth recovery.

Last edited by liner; 01-24-2013 at 07:44 AM.
liner is offline   Reply With Quote