Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - This is how we learn...
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Dont worry Snowbunny, you didnt sound mean at at all. The fact of the matter is, while the human body seems at times incredible in its ability to take abuse, it is also incredibly fragile if something happens just wrong. The neck is especially vulnerable and while someone can take insane crashes, even a fall from regular riding on the neck can lead to this kind of injury.

It makes us all realize how precious life and our health really are. Everyday you go riding, there is a small risk of ending up in this situation so if anything always be thankful for each day you get. As for him, heartfelt condolences go out and hoping for a medical breakthrough that will allow him a full recovery.

So sad to hear about things like this.
Didnt even see this. but +1

On the rumor of the backflip, a side story, long story short:

One season at mount snow, I was on diablo, hit a bigger jump going for a simple grab, things got way screwy last second and I end up coming straight down on my shoulder, shattering my humorous(lucky somehow i tucked my head at the last second and missed that)

For about a year, I told people i was trying a backflip. Then i realized that was just silly, and that sometimes shit does just happen.

whether he was trying a backflip or not, it doesnt really matter is my point. It still is unfortunate.
liner is offline   Reply With Quote