Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Too cold to ride(?)
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member
 
surfinsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer1659 View Post
I was suppose to be leaving for Stratton tonight, but I just got over the Flu last week and I still feel weak with lots of shit in my sinuses and I am thinking these extreme cold temps would make things really bad...........

What do you guys think? Wait till next weekend (I have a yearly share).....
With the wind and the low temps, a lot of mountains aren't even fully open, even though there is snow. We were going to hit Mt. Snow as a compromise tomorrow, but they're only 75%. Not bad, but I don't want to be miserable just for Mt. Snow.

We have $35 tix to Jay Peak and Burke (through the CT Ski Council -- you should join!), but it's so effing cold I don't want to drive five hours just to take two runs. Plus, last I checked they're only running lower mountain because of the wind and cold. But they have new snow, too, and we're supposed to get freshies both Friday and Saturday. I'm so torn!

Wish I could give you good advice...we're going to play it by ear. Pico has a $20 ticket tomorrow, and it will be snowing. Maybe I just need an extra layer of long underwear!

If you're just getting over being sick, it might pay off to wait a week. It's supposed to start "warming up" on Sunday. What to do, what to do...???

Last edited by surfinsnow; 01-24-2013 at 10:56 AM.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote