Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board question about the camber/rocker combinations out there
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
t1snwbrdr12

Default Board question about the camber/rocker combinations out there

Hey,

been reading through this forum trying to figure out best combination of camber/rocker/camber or rocker/camber/rocker for me. let me say, everything has changed so so much since i was on top of snowboarding stuff.

i started out on a 158 ride mountain board, about 12 years ago or so. got stolen, so bought a (now 9-10 year old) ride mountain again, in 161 wide.

i really dislike the effort/slowness of switching back and forth on the newer board i have, so i started researching new or newer boards to see if i want to upgrade. back then when i got my newer ride mountain, they said going wide would be no difference, all the new tech. would make it un-noticable, but i have never got used to it.

being an "all-mountain" rider now, what combination of camber and rocker is better?

-195-200 lbs.
-6'3"
-12 or 12.5 boot
-never ride switch for more than a hundred or so yards just to goof off
-don't care about the park anymore now that i'm older and married, just hit jumps as i see them on the trail...still love big jumps but i don't go out of my way for them or anything, no trickery either just big air and boring stuff
-live in Maryland, so i'm riding alot of hardpack, fake snow, and ice. don't think i've ever been in more than an inch or so of powder even when i go to Snowshoe, WV or places in Vermont

is rocker/camber/rocker better, or camber/rocker/camber?

how old of boards can i look at that will still have this technology? or should i just stick with new? any specific boards you recommend would be appreciated as well.

thanks ahead of time for any advice you guys can give. i have read the forums and searched and googled...not trying to waste your guys' time but so far haven't found a debate on camber/rocker/camber vs rocker/camber/rocker.

Last edited by t1snwbrdr12; 01-24-2013 at 12:59 PM.
t1snwbrdr12 is offline   Reply With Quote