Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What is your job?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #143 (permalink)
devo

Default Re: What is your job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sereneview View Post
I have done nothing 90% percent of the time as well in past jobs. I hated it. How do you feel about that?
Depends on how you look at it. It boring, my work days seem like they are never gonna end. I have to find things to do that have nothing to do with the license I hold. But on the up side its not tiring and for the first time in my life I don't dread going to work. I will say that when I do have to do something that it usually involves serious mechanical troubleshooting, math like Pump curves and hydraulic and organic loading rates based on given plant flow and heavy manual labor. My schedule is 8 on, 2 off, 2 on, 2off so that's a lil hectic but it works out. The plant I work at is rated for 60mgd and its on 11 acres. Sewage gases are dangerous and there are a lot of confined spaces with engulfment hazards. This week has been the coldest all year and most everything is outside or requires a walk to get to.
All in all its the best job I've ever had. I work with some of the best most knowledgeable people I've ever worked with. And I get paid pretty handsomely for someone without a college degree so I'm not complaining.
I recently scored extremely well on a mechanics civil service test for the plant I work at and that requires a lot more manual labor, less lab and math. so things should become busier within the year I'm hoping. And its Monday thru Friday rotating weekends.