Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board Suggestions for Tall Rider
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Petey011

You may already know this but I just saw it hadn't actually been mentioned earlier in this thread. For that sized boot most companies will market a wide board selection (i.e. "Burton Custom", and "Burton Custom Wide.") You will want to try your damndest to avoid heel/toe drag. Making your stance a little duckfoot (as much as is comfortable) can help with that if you run into problems. Also, some bindings have risers that will lift your foot up just a little, again to avoid heel/toe drag.

I think you may be focusing too much on the board. Make sure your boot/binding combo is good too. From personal experience I think the binding is as important if not more important than the board for overall feel on the snow. Also, don't skimp on the boot. Your choices maybe be limited with that size, but trust me, you do not want to sacrifice comfort on the snow just to get a "super good deal." Make sure you wear your boot around the house for a little while and that it's going to be comfortable, and don't be afraid to return it. Seriously, I've had an uncomfortable boot before, and it completely ruined my experience. My feet hurt bad when I was riding, and that was when I was 12 years and weighed a lot less than I do now.